Move over pasta and boring veggie salads – it’s time for the Zucchini and Yellow Squash Zoodle Salad! It’s made with roasted garlic and a lemon vinegarette.
This salad is incredibly healthy and easy to make. I have the Spiralizer attachment for my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer which is really fast and can kick out whole veggie spirals in minutes. If you’re new to spiral veggies and don’t want to take the more costly plunge or just want to try them, you can buy an inexpensive spiralizer for around $10.00. Check out Amazon for options. I got the idea for this recipe while visiting Whole Foods recently where they had spiral veggies in olive oil, lemon, and garlic. I didn’t have the exact amounts, but I was sure I could come up with something we would like. I used roasted garlic to add a deeper sweet garlic flavor. You can easily make your own roasted garlic, or you can buy it from the olive bar at your local market.
No cook/no fuss delicious veggie salad.
- 1 Zucchini – cleaned with the peel on
- 1 yellow squash – cleaned with the peel on
- 3 TBS roasted garlic (you can make your own or buy them from the olive bar at your local market)
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Using your spiralizer, make veggie spirals with both the zucchini and yellow squash according to the directions.
- In a large bowl, toss olive oil, lemon, lemon zest, and garlic.
- Add the zucchini and squash and toss until mixed.
- Add salt and pepper and toss again.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours or serve immediately.
- Category: Vegetables
- Cuisine: American