Yogurt Melon Breakfast Parfaits are a lovely way to show your family and friends how much you care. Greek yogurt and honey topped with ripe juicy melon balls.
Yogurt Melon Breakfast Parfaits are such an easy elegant dish for breakfast, brunch or even a summer dinner dessert.
My favorite part of summer is the abundance of fresh melon. I especially like when I am standing in front of a huge display of melons at the market and I can smell the amazing fresh fruit right through the rinds…that’s when you know they are perfect and ready to eat.
Let’s talk Melons! Cantelope and Honeydew Melons – What’s the difference?
When I was growing up my grandparents used to call both Cantelope and Honeydew melons Muskmelons. Later I learned there is actually more of a difference than just the color. We are all pretty familiar with Catelope melons that have a beige colored rind that is rough and textured. The sweet melon on the inside is orange and it tends to riped very quickly. Honeydew melon is usually a very pale green color with a smooth rind on the outside and greenish, sometimes, almost white on the inside.
How to pick the perfect Watermelon…
Let’s face it, there’s nothing more disappointing than coming home with what you think is a big juicy watermelon and it’s mushy inside. Here are a few ways to ensure that you are getting a perfectly ripe juicy watermelon.
- Pick up the watermelon – it should feel heavy regardless of its size.
- Look for the discolored yellow spot..that’s where the watermelon laid in the field. It’s called the “field spot”. The more cream color that spot is, the better the melon is.
- Make sure the watermelon doesn’t have any irregular spots on it. It should be round or oval and the rind should be smooth.
- Finally, thumb it (give it a flick with your fingers), it should sound hollow. Remember a watermelon is over 90% water.
Here’s an Easy Brunch Menu to go with these elegant fruit parfaits.
- Start with these lovely Yogurt Melon Parfaits and Roasted Tomato Ricotta Crostinis.
- Then serve them with a Breakfast Flatbread Pizza made with eggs, prosciutto, and tomatoes.
- Every brunch needs a signature cocktail and I highly recommend a classic Aperol Spritz.
- For dessert, serve No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Mousse.
Now that’s a brunch to remember!Print
Yogurt Melon Breakfast Parfaits are a lovely and elegant way to show your family and friends how much you care. Greek yogurt and honey topped with ripe juicy melon balls.
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- Fresh mint springs for garnish
- Using a small melon baller, cut melon balls for all three melons.
- Select 4 parfait dishes.
- Spoon 2 TBS of yogurt into each dish.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey on top of the yogurt.
- Top with Melon balls and garnish with mint.
- Category: Breakfast Brunch
- Method: Easy Recipe
- Cuisine: American