Wine and Butter Baked Scallops
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 6 large sea scallops
- 6 TBS melted butter
- 1/2 cup white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Lemon wedges and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Rinse scallops and pat both sides dry with a paper towel.
- Place scallops in a shallow baking dish.
- Add lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne, and oregano.
- Pour the butter mixture over scallops.
- Pour wine over the entire dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the parmesan cheese (1/4 cup).
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until scallops are opaque.
- Remove from oven and set it to broil.
- Sprinkel with remaining 1/4 parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and broil for approximately 5 minutes, watching closely so they do not burn.
- Serve with lemon wedges.