This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
My boys fancy themselves as wing experts. They have to be full of robust flavor, a little crunchy on the outside and fall-off-the-bone inside. It’s for those reasons that I usually don’t try to complete “with the best wings ever” from wherever they last eat.
A colleague, Pat, gave me the recipe for these wings and I thought I’d give it a try and see if they could pass my boys high standards. I must say they were a BIG hit! The recipe makes a large batch so it’s perfect for a cookout, pool party or get-together with friends and family. And they are really easy to make!
This appetizer will become your go-to all year round.
- 5lbs frozen wings
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix sugar, honey, soy sauce until it has a thick consistency.
- Add a bit more honey or soy to get it to a thick consistency if needed.
- Place frozen wings in large disposable roasting pan.
- Toss in garlic cloves whole.
- Pour mixture over wings.
- (Pat cooks hers immediately but I like to marinate these in the thick sauce for 4 hours.)
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover stir and cook another hour checking and turning every 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees for last hour watching and turning as they brown.
- They will be very dark when done.
- Total cooking time approximately 3 hours.
- Cook Time: 3 hours