Vince’s Amazing Chili! I’ve had a pretty busy travel month and while I was at the grocery store last weekend, I decided to pick up the ingredients for Chili and a few other things to make for Vince before I hit the road again.
As it turned out, I never got to the chili, but it really didn’t matter as most of the ingredients are pantry and staple items that we could use anytime.
I was gone for most of the week and when my flight landed Thursday night, I texted Vince as I always do. He quickly texted me back saying hurry home, I made chili. I could almost hear the excitement and pride in his voice.
Truth be told, I wasn’t really in the mood for chili but I returned his message responding in a positive manner that I couldn’t wait for chili.
As I walked in the door I could smell the deep rich aroma of chili and I was suddenly in the mood for a big bowl. What Vince didn’t tell me was that he used turkey Italian Sausage instead of ground beef which truly made it Vince’s Amazing Chili.
One bite and WOW! Now I will never make chili any other way. He also used what I would call nontraditional chili beans – cannellini beans and black beans. Seriously, this was the most amazing bowl of chili I ever put in my mouth…hence the name…Vince’s Amazing ChiliPrint
- 4 links of turkey Italian sausage, removed from the casings
- 32 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 1/2 oz. can black beans
- 15 1/2 oz. can cannellini beans
- 1/2 green pepper – diced
- 1/2 onion – diced
- TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2TBS chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot; add onions and green peppers.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey sausage and cook with onions and peppers until fully cooked.
- Add canned tomatoes – including the juice.
- Drain both cans of beans but do not rinse and add them to the pot.
- Add the chili powder.
- Bring the chili to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes.