This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Premium vanilla ice cream drizzled with good olive oil and sprinkled with coarse sea salt is a simply amazing and addicting flavor combination.
Believe me, when I tell you this combination is a real game-changer and it changed my way of eating ice cream forever. I know this sounds like a big deal and it really is!
Stay with me here as you’ll want to know all about it.
I can hardly call this a recipe because it only has three ingredients and you really don’t cook anything…you just put it together.
vanilla ice cream with olive oil and sea salt
Creamy ice cream, with rich smooth olive oil and little bits of crispy salt flakes, makes this an amazing and addictive way to eat ice cream.
- Premium Vanilla Ice Cream – You’ll want to use a really good vanilla ice cream for this dish. I use a premium vanilla bean ice cream.
- Olive Oil – You’ll also want to use a really good olive oil. Pick the type of olive oil you like best. I use a premium extra virgin olive oil.
- Sea Salt – Use coarse sea salt for this dish. Preferably one where you can see the chunks of salt.
krazy kitchen mom tips
- Be sure to use high-quality ingredients for this dish.
- I do not recommend using regular table salt. You really must use coarse sea salt. You can even try using pink Himalayan sea salt or another premium flavored sea salt.
- Add a few semi-sweet chocolate shavings.
- Add some fresh fruit like raspberries or strawberries.
- Try flavored olive oil, like lemon, orange, champaign, or even basil for a more savory flavor.
I really want to know if you tried this flavor combination.
Leave me a message in the comments and let me know what you think.
Vanilla Ice Cream with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- Premium Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Scoop 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a bowl.
- Drizzle with 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with coarse sea salt.