Did you know that today is National Cereal Day? Yes, it’s true and it’s celebrated every year on March 7th. This is such a fun little “holiday” that I decided to mix up cereal and milk and make Tye-Dye Cereal Dessert Bark.
I grew up in a house where we always had at least 3-4 different types of cereal. My sisters and I would eat cereal 24/7 – breakfast, lunch and dinner; snacks too. I am actually guilty of dipping mini shredded wheat squares in onion dip for an afternoon snack (good thing my Mom didn’t know about it!).
Cereal Dessert Bark is a fun project and snack that you can make with the kids. So go ahead and be a kid again (I know you want to) and make Tye-Dye Cereal Dessert Bark and celebrate!
Celebrate March 7th, National Cereal Day with Cereal Dessert Bark
- 1/2 cup each of Wilton Candy Melts – I used 5 different colors
- 1/4 cup Fruit Loop cereal (or any cereal you like)
- Melt Candy Melts in individual glass bowls.
- On a parchment covered cookie sheet, lay rows of the different colored candy melts side-by-side touching each other.
- With a tooth pick or fork, gently swirl the colors together to get the the-dyed look.
- Sprinkle with cereal.
- Refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Break apart to serve.