This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Did you know that today is National Cereal Day? Yes, it’s true and it’s celebrated every year on March 7th. This is such a fun little “holiday” that I decided to mix up cereal and milk and make Tye-Dye Cereal Dessert Bark.
I grew up in a house where we always had at least 3-4 different types of cereal. My sisters and I would eat cereal 24/7 – breakfast, lunch and dinner; snacks too. I am actually guilty of dipping mini shredded wheat squares in onion dip for an afternoon snack (good thing my Mom didn’t know about it!).
Cereal Dessert Bark is a fun project and snack that you can make with the kids. So go ahead and be a kid again (I know you want to) and make Tye-Dye Cereal Dessert Bark and celebrate!Print
Celebrate March 7th, National Cereal Day with Cereal Dessert Bark
- 1/2 cup each of Wilton Candy Melts – I used 5 different colors
- 1/4 cup Fruit Loop cereal (or any cereal you like)
- Melt Candy Melts in individual glass bowls.
- On a parchment covered cookie sheet, lay rows of the different colored candy melts side-by-side touching each other.
- With a tooth pick or fork, gently swirl the colors together to get the the-dyed look.
- Sprinkle with cereal.
- Refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Break apart to serve.