By now, you should be familiar with my Eat More Turkey series as I’ve partnered with Jennie-O this year to create and share some healthy turkey recipes. So let’s kick it up a notch on game day with Turkey and Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms!
Stuffed mushrooms aren’t difficult to make but I struggle a bit with the proper cleaning technique. I’ve read articles from chefs that say just wipe them clean with a damp towel and never submerge them in water. But I have to tell you, they never seem to come clean that way for me. So I rinse them quickly in cold water and dry them on a cloth towel. It seems to work pretty good for me and I get my mushrooms clean that way.
I’m going to make these for the big game this weekend just to add a little upscale vibe to the traditional burgers and chili.
- 1 cup Jennie-O Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup of Boursin garlic flavored cheese spread
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 onion – diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pint of cremini mushrooms – cleaned and stems removed (save them for the filling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean mushroom and remove the stems.
- Dice the stems very small; set aside.
- Cook onions in olive oil until the start to turn translucent.
- Add turkey and cook until it starts to brown and is fully cooked.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together turkey/onion mixture, cheese and diced mushroom stems.
- Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet or shallow baking dish up side down (open stem side up).
- Fill mushrooms with turkey mixture.
- Top mushrooms with Panko bread crumbs.
- Cook for 10-14 minutes until bread crumbs brown.
- Category: Appetizer