Ricotta – it’s not just for lasagna! This creamy delicious tart is easy to make and will impress your family and friends. I like using both large heirloom tomatoes and small cherry sized tomatoes.
Tomato Ricotta Tart (TRT)
- 1 Roll of thawed phyllo dough – follow box directions for handling of dough
- 2–3 large tomatoes – sliced thin
- 4–6 cherry sided tomatoes – cut in half
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh basil leaves – chiffonade cut
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and 2 TBS of the olive oil. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Slice tomatoes very thin and set aside.
- Roll out phyllo dough and brush with olive oil.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture over the phyllo dough and then add a layer the tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the basil leaves and bake for 30 minute until golden brown and delicious.
- Remove from oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, slice and serve.