Ok – it’s true, I’m on a flatbread kick and it’s probably because they are easy to make and they seriously sound more health than a pizza. I’ve had “salad pizzas” before so I came up with this version of my Tomato Mozzarella Flatbread topped with fresh arugula and there you have it – a salad flatbread.
I’ve been keeping store bought flatbreads in my pantry lately which makes it very easy to grab a few healthy ingredients and bake them for a yummy lunch or dinner.
This is quick and easy; especially if you use a store bought flatbread.
- 1 store bought flatbread
- 1–2 beef steak tomatoes, slides thin
- Fresh mozzarella – sliced thick
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 bag arugula
For Arugula Dressing
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or to the temperature indicated on the flatbread instructions.
- Drizzle the flatbread with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Add slices of tomato and sprinkle entire flatbread with Italian seasoning.
- Bake flatbread until the cheese is melty and just starting to turn brown.
For the arugula salad topping
- Toss arugula with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
To assemble flatbread
- Spread arugula salad over the tope of the flatbread covered in tomatoes and melted cheese.