- 2 Chicken breasts
- 8 tomatillos – husk removed and cleaned
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 jalapeno – seeds removed and diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tomatillos in quarters.
- Cut chicken into large strips (I do this because it helps the chicken cook faster).
- Add olive oil to stove top and oven proof pot. (I use a ceramic stock pot).
- Heat oil on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Add diced onions.
- Add cumin and coriander and stir until it is mixed in.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatillos, stir and cook on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook it until it browns.
- Add chicken stock or chicken broth.
- Place pot in the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes. (I check it at about 25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and, with two forks, shred any of the chicken that hasn’t already shredded.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex