This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
With a bag of gingersnaps, a block of cream cheese, and some white chocolate you can make these delightful Three Ingredient Gingersnap Truffles.
If you follow me, you know by now that I like simple recipes that are made from real food that you can buy anywhere. My Three Ingredient Gingersnap Truffles are just that. Three simple ingredients that you can buy at your local market and you can make a treat that your family and friends will just love!
How to make gingersnap truffles
These little cookie bites are so easy to make:
- Place the cream cheese into a food processor and mix it for a few seconds.
- Add 1/2 the page of cookies and continue to mix.
- Next, add the remaining cookies and mix until you have a ball.
- Use a cookie scoop to make equally-sized truffles.
- See the recipe card below for more detailed instructions and how to coat with chocolate.
Krazy kitchen mom tips:
- Make sure you follow the recipe guide for chilling the dough before rolling into balls and freezing the balls before coating in chocolate. The reason you need to freeze them is that you’ll be dipping them in hot melted chocolate and you don’t want the dough balls to fall apart.
- This is a tip I’ve seen before when making truffles. I’ve tested it and it works, but I don’t usually do it. Stick a toothpick in each of the dough balls before you freeze them. Then it’s easier to dip them into the hot melted chocolate. Take the pick out and cover it with decorations or sprinkles.
- Work in batches of 4 when you are dipping them into the chocolate. So dip them one-at-a-time and place them on the parchment-covered cookie sheet until you’ve dipped four. Then decorate those four while the chocolate is still hot and the decorations and sprinkles will stick.
With a bag of gingersnaps, a block of cream cheese, and some white chocolate you can make my Three Ingredient Gingersnap Truffles.
- 8-ounce block of cream cheese – at room temperature
- 16-ounce page of gingersnap cookies
- 12-ounce bag of white chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli brand)
- Sprinkles for decorations (optional)
- Place the room temperature softened cream cheese into a food processor and mix until it is smooth.
- Add 1/2 the bag of cookies and mix until the cookie all break into little pieces.
- Scrap the sides of the food processor with a spatula, making sure you push everything to the bottom of the processor bowl.
- Add the remaining cookies and continue to mix until the cream cheese and cookies form a ball.
- Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough and roll it into small balls and place them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Carefully stir the chips and microwave them again for an additional 15 seconds, if needed. (Mine were fully melted after the first 30 seconds so I did not have to microwave them again.)
- Remove the dough balls from the freezer and dip them one-by-one into the white chocolate and then place them back on the parchment paper covered cookie sheet and decorate with sprinkles. (Do this in batches of 4 decorating 4 at a time while the chocolate is still soft and the decorations will stay put.)
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Keep these refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
- Category: Sweets and Treats
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Holiday truffles, holiday baking, nobake cookies, cookie balls