I am a big fan of anything Thai and if it includes a spicy peanut sauce, then I’m all in.
I am also a big fan of quick dinners for those busy nights when we are running to the gym. Yes I said gym…part of our living healthy plan for 2017. We started working with a trainer last year and have really enjoyed our time with him so we have pledged to stay focused for 2017. This flatbread fits right into that plan. I cut up the veggies and chicken the day before and kept them in the refrigerator. I also made the marinade the day before so everything was ready to go for a quick, delicious, healthy dinner.
And although this Thai Peanut Flatbread might look indulgent, it’s made with those simple fresh ingredients and chicken – all things good for you. But I think the spicy peanut sauce is really the star of the show.
Thai Peanut Chicken Flatbread
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 flatbread
- Category: Easy
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 store bough flatbreads – I use store bought Nann
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 small red peppers, sliced
- 2 small yellow peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup canned bean sprouts rinsed in water and dried
- 1/4 cup crushed dry roasted/salted peanuts
For the chicken marinade and sauce
- 4 TBS peanut butter – you can use creamy or crunchy
- 2 TBS hot water
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce (we only use the low sodium type)
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 3 TBS red pepper flakes (we like it spicy, you can cut down on the amount to make it less spicy)
- 4 TBS rice wine vinegar
To marinate the chicken:
- Whisk together the peanut butter and hot water.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce red pepper flakes and vinegar.
- Whisk until fully mixed.
- Place chicken and 1/2 the marinade/sauce in a zip top bag and marinade chicken for 1 – 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- When chicken has marinated, cook it in a stove top skillet for 7-10 minutes (or until it is fully cooked) on medium heat.
To assemble the flatbread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the remaining marinate/sauce on the flatbread.
- Add chicken and veggies.
- Top with cheese.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the flatbread starts to crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts.