Thai Peanut Chicken Noodles is a one-bowl meal with grilled chicken, ramen style noodles and colorful cabbage slaw tossed with Thai peanut sauce.
For the chicken marinade:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 TBS fish sauce
- 2 TBS of mirin (substitution: Rice wine vinegar)
- 3 TBS sweet chili sauce
- 3 TBS apricot preserves
- 2 small packages of ramen noodles – cooked
- 1/4 of a small head of red cabbage – sliced very thin
- 1/2 of a small red pepper – diced
- A handful of carrot sticks
- 4 TBS Rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS sugar
- Quick and Easy Thai Peanut Sauce (substitution: store-bought peanut sauce)
- 2 TBS peanuts – crushed for garnish
- 1 TBS white sesame seeds
Marinate the Chicken:
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place them in a zip-top bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, mirin, chili sauce, and preserves.
- Pour the mixture into the bag with the chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Add one TBS olive oil to a stove-top skillet and cook chicken until it is done.
- Mix together the rice wine vinegar, 1 TBS olive oil, and sugar.
- Place cabbage and carrots in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over the cabbage and carrots.
- Place chicken, noodles, and slaw on to plates.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts.
- Serve with Quick and Easy Thia Peanut Sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Easy recipe
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Thai Style