Tex Mex Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
If you love Tex-Mex and you love sweet potatoes, then you are going to love my sweet and spicy Tex Mex Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Quick Weeknight Dinner
- Method: Easy recipe
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 1 sweet potato, sliced in half length-wise
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1/2 small onion – diced
- 1 small jalapeno – seeded and diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 can black beans – drained
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- To Roast the sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rub both sides, front and back, of the sweet potatoes with olive oil.
- Salt and pepper both sides, front and back, of the sweet potato.
- Place the sweet potatoes face down on a cookie sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
For the Tex Mex Stuffing
- Brown the ground beef.
- Drain the fat.
- Add bell pepper, onions, and jalapeno and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high.
- Add the spices and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the corn and black beans.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff the inside of the sweet potatoes.
- Add heaping spoons of the filling and don’t worry if some spills over.
- Eat and enjoy!
I usually serve this is shallow bowls to catch any extra filling.