- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 12 slices of deli pastrami, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 bag refrigerator hash browns
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pats of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add oil to a hot cast iron or oven proof skillet.
- Add peppers and onions; cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook with peppers and onions on medium high for about 5-7 minutes, until they start to brown on the sides (watch them carefully and turn the sweet potatoes as they start to brown).
- Add the pastrami slices and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in hash browns; salt and pepper to taste.
- Top mixture with butter pats.
- Place skillet in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the top starts to brown and crisp.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with shredded or sliced cheese.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes until the cheeses melts.