This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa and Pineapple Appetizer gets its sweetness from a can of Coke and spice from red pepper flakes.
Some foods are just made for parties! Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa and Pineapple Appetizer is perfect for your next party or family get together. They have a little sweetness with a kick of red pepper spicy and the sweet tang of fresh pineapple. I make these two ways; on the stovetop, which is demonstrated in the video and in the crockpot for an easy dump and stir. Either way, they will turn out perfectly. We just put them all in a big bowl with some fancy toothpicks and your family and friends can dig in. By the way, I’m obsessed with fun and fancy toothpicks and cocktail skewers and I just love these Bamboo Cocktail Skewers.
I always use fresh pineapple because I live in South Florida and can always find fresh. You can certainly use canned for this recipe if you’d like. You could also add smoked sausage instead of Kielbasa or Turkey Kielbasa to lighted it up a bit.
If you’re thinking about a summer cookout, a tailgate or even a Super Bowl party, you should put these on your menu for sure.
If you love this recipe, you will also love:
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/4 onion – diced
- 1 TBS red pepper flakes (we like it really spicy – if you don’t add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 12 oz. Coke (don’t use diet – you want the sugar to caramelize the sauce)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 ring of kielbasa – sliced
- 1/2 FRESH pineapple – sliced
Stove Top Method:
- Add butter, onion and red pepper flakes to stove top skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Coke and bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. The Coke will cook down and start to thicken.
- Add brown sugar and ketchup and brown sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add Kielbasa and Pineapple and let it simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the butter and onion to a stove top skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and butter to the crockpot.
- Add the red pepper flakes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low.