This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Sweet and Sour Glazed Brussels Sprouts are tangy, sweet, nutty, and caramelized to perfection. With only three ingredients, they are ready in less than 15 minutes.
My husband is a huge brussels sprouts fan. I am starting to like them and hopefully, if I keep coming up with recipes like this one, I will love them. That’s right – even a non-brussels person like me LOVED this recipe.
three simple ingredients
OK, there are really four ingredients if you include the olive oil. The jury is still out on including things like oil, salt, pepper, and other seasonings. So I’m gonna just go with it and say oil is not an official ingredient so Sweet and Sour Glazed Brussels Sprouts are legitimately a three-ingredient recipe.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Toasted Pecans
- Your favorite Sweet and Sour Sauce
There you have it, three ingredients.
pee-can or puh-Kahn?
Do you say Pee-Can nuts or Puh-Kahn nuts? I actually say it both ways for no particular reason. Saying Puh-Kahn just seems a bit more sophisticated, but I really have nothing to base that on. But, Pee-Can, on the other hand, is so much more fun to say.
So I put them to the test. I simply Googled “how to pronounce Pecan…and the winner is Puh-Kahn or Puh-Kaan as they put it. Either way is fine, just make sure you add the pecans to the recipe because the nuttiness really adds to the caramelized flavor.
krazy kitchen mom tips for sweet and sour glazed Brussels sprouts
- To prepare the brussels sprouts:
- Trim off the stem. I like to cut them very close to the leaves so there is almost no stem at all.
- Peel off the two or three outer leaves and then wash the sprouts.
- Dry them off with a paper towel.
- Cut them in half length-wise. I like to cut them so that there is more surface area for caramelization while cooking.
- Toast the pecans before adding them to this dish. See the recipe card on how to toast the pecans.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days in an airtight container.
other recipes you might like
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Greek Chicken Salad
Sweet and Sour Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS toasted pecans - broken into pieces
- 2 TBS prepared or store-bought sweet and sour sauce
- Add olive oil to a large stove-top skillet.
- Heat oil on medium high until it starts to smoke.
- Add brussels sprouts, cut side down and cook them for 3-5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Flip the spouts over and cook the other side for 3-5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the sweet and sours sauce and let them cook another 3-5 minutes until they caramelize.
- Romove them from the heat and toss with the toasted pecans.
Let’s be cooking friends…if you like this recipe, let me know by commenting below. And be sure to give it plenty of stars.
if you want to be a krazy kitchen Mom insider and receive my recipes each Friday via email, make sure you provide your name and email address in the space below this recipe.