A bright refreshing fizzy cocktail.
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries – cleaned and quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz. gin
- 1/2 cup tonic or soda water
- Place strawberries and sugar in a small bowl or a small pitcher.
- Use a muddler or other like tool so smash strawberries so the juices release.
- Let the strawberries emulsify for 3-5 minutes, while continuing to muddle or smash frequently.
- With a small mesh strainer, strain juice from strawberries into a separate glass. You now have a glass of strawberry juice for the cocktail
- Using a cocktail shaker, add 6 ice cubes, the strawberry juice and the gin.
- Shake vigorously for 30 second.
- With the strainer on the cocktail shaker, fill two cocktail glasses with the strawberry gin mixture.
- Slowly top both glasses with the tonic or soda water (be careful they might fizz over).
- Serve with a slice of lime.
- Category: cocktail