This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Hey y’all, it’s Friday! The best day of the week other than Saturday and Sunday of course. Why not start the weekend with a refreshing Strawberry Lime Gin Fizz? Why? Because you deserve it.
I learned my love of gin while visiting my husband at his Sigma Chi fraternity in college. I grew up in a house where my Dad liked vodka so I had never had gin. I did a little research on gin because of it’s distinct flavor and learned that it is comparable to the taste of juniper berries. While I never had a juniper berry, I’ve had gin so I can’t wait to taste these lovely berries and say “hmmmm tastes like gin”.
The reason I make these with strawberries is because big juicy strawberries are plentiful this time of year in South Florida where I live. And what goes better with gin (and strawberries)? Lime, of course. Go ahead – make this drink. I promise, it will become one of your new favorites.Print
A bright refreshing fizzy cocktail.
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries – cleaned and quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz. gin
- 1/2 cup tonic or soda water
- Place strawberries and sugar in a small bowl or a small pitcher.
- Use a muddler or other like tool so smash strawberries so the juices release.
- Let the strawberries emulsify for 3-5 minutes, while continuing to muddle or smash frequently.
- With a small mesh strainer, strain juice from strawberries into a separate glass. You now have a glass of strawberry juice for the cocktail
- Using a cocktail shaker, add 6 ice cubes, the strawberry juice and the gin.
- Shake vigorously for 30 second.
- With the strainer on the cocktail shaker, fill two cocktail glasses with the strawberry gin mixture.
- Slowly top both glasses with the tonic or soda water (be careful they might fizz over).
- Serve with a slice of lime.
- Category: cocktail