Hey y’all, it’s Friday! The best day of the week other than Saturday and Sunday of course. Why not start the weekend with a refreshing Strawberry Lime Gin Fizz? Why? Because you deserve it.
I learned my love of gin while visiting my husband at his Sigma Chi fraternity in college. I grew up in a house where my Dad liked vodka so I had never had gin. I did a little research on gin because of it’s distinct flavor and learned that it is comparable to the taste of juniper berries. While I never had a juniper berry, I’ve had gin so I can’t wait to taste these lovely berries and say “hmmmm tastes like gin”.
The reason I make these with strawberries is because big juicy strawberries are plentiful this time of year in South Florida where I live. And what goes better with gin (and strawberries)? Lime, of course. Go ahead – make this drink. I promise, it will become one of your new favorites.Print
Strawberry Lime Gin Fizz
A bright refreshing fizzy cocktail.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: cocktail
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries – cleaned and quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz. gin
- 1/2 cup tonic or soda water
- Place strawberries and sugar in a small bowl or a small pitcher.
- Use a muddler or other like tool so smash strawberries so the juices release.
- Let the strawberries emulsify for 3-5 minutes, while continuing to muddle or smash frequently.
- With a small mesh strainer, strain juice from strawberries into a separate glass. You now have a glass of strawberry juice for the cocktail
- Using a cocktail shaker, add 6 ice cubes, the strawberry juice and the gin.
- Shake vigorously for 30 second.
- With the strainer on the cocktail shaker, fill two cocktail glasses with the strawberry gin mixture.
- Slowly top both glasses with the tonic or soda water (be careful they might fizz over).
- Serve with a slice of lime.