Ch-ch-ch-Chia! Sorry, I couldn’t resist. And if you’re not old enough to know what I mean by that then just keep reading because this recipe is really yummy.
Instagram and Pinterest are filled with chia seed recipes and ideas and I really had no idea what to do with it before I started seeing it everywhere. In fact, the first time I had a taste was in my nail salon. OK, I know that sounds strange, eating chia seeds in a nail salon. One of the gals made an almond milk mixture that was full of black chia seeds. She gave me a little bit to taste and it was really good.
So armed with my new found chia love, I did some research and learned that it’s packed with Omega 3 and is high in protein. But where to buy it? I turned to my trusty Amazon.com and learned that the seeds come in both white and black varieties. OK – I’ll take one of each.
Chia seeds remind me of tapioca. I add them to yogurt, coconut milk or almond milk and place the in the refrigerator overnight. Those little round seeds plump up, taking on the flavor of the liquid and now you have a nutrient-packed snack or breakfast.Print
Strawberry Chia Seed Yogurt Parfait
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup black or white chia seeds
- 1/4 granola
- Do ahead – add yogurt, honey and 1/2 of the strawberries in a blender and mix until strawberries are fully chopped into mixture.
- Place it in a covered jar overnight.
- In the morning, place heaping spoons full of strawberry yogurt mixture into a glass or dish.
- Chop the remaining strawberries into small diced pieces to place on top of yogurt mix.
- Top with granola.