STRAWBERRY GIN AND TONIC – Summertime refreshing cocktail that is sweet from the strawberries, pleasingly pungent from the fresh basil, and fizzy from the tonic water.
- 8 whole strawberries, diced small
- 6 basil leaves
- 1.5 ounces of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ounces gin
- 1 6-ounce bottle of tonic water
- Place strawberries, basil, lime juice, and sugar into a mason jar or a glass.
- Using a muddler or the back of a spoon muddle or mash the strawberries
- Strain the mixture through a small strainer.
- Add ice to two medium-sized glasses.
- Add 1.5 ounces of gin to each glass.
- Divide the strained strawberry basil lime juice between the two glasses.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with strawberries, basil, and lime slices.
- Category: Cocktails and Drinks
- Method: Muddled
- Cuisine: American