I had so much fun making this cocktail. Can you guess why I called it Loopy? You are probably thinking the name comes from the feeling you might get after drinking too many of these. But that’s not it.
OK, ‘ll tell…I used Three Olives Loopy brand vodka. I actually thought I was buying a mixed berry flavored vodka which is what the label kind of said. But as it turned out the “Loopy” comes from the kid favorite fruity loopy cereal. It’s a little on the sweet side, but I must say, mixed with cranberry juice, a splash of sweet and sour mix and a blue curacao and it turned out yummy!
I rimmed the glass with raw sugar that I mixed with blue and red food coloring to get the purple color.Print
- 1 jiggers of Three Olives Loopy brand vodka
- 1/2 jigger of blue curacao
- Splash of sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- For the rim:
- 3 TBS honey
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- Blue and red food coloring
- For the Sugar Rim: Mix the raw sugar (or any coarse sugar) with a few drops of red and blue food coloring until you get the shade of purple you want; spread sugar on a plate. Spread the honey on a plate and roll the rim of the glass through the honey; then roll the rim through the colored sugar.
- For the Cocktail: Fill a cocktail shaker 1/2 way with ice; pour in all of the cocktail ingredients; cover and shake.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and enjoy!