Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing is a classic salad made with a vinaigrette that uses bacon drippings instead of oil.
- 1 5-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pint white button mushrooms – sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs – quartered
- 6 slices of bacon – cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 TBS bacon drippings from cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
Warm Bacon Dressing
- Cook the bacon and reserve the bacon drippings.
- Add bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar, dijon mustard, and shallot to a mason jar and shake until it’s mixed.
- To serve the dressing warm, microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
- Crumble or slice the cooked bacon.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Slice the hardboiled eggs.
- Arrange the spinach, eggs, bacon, mushrooms in a bowl and drizzle with warm bacon dressing.
You can assemble this salad ahead of time, but add the dressing right before serving while the bacon drippings are still warm.
- Category: Dinner Salad/Week Night Meal
- Method: Easy Recipe
- Cuisine: American