Spicy Creole Jambalaya with Cajun Spiced Turkey is made with Jennie-O Cajun Style Turkey Breast.
- 2 Cups turkey breast (I used Jennie-O Premium Portions Oven Roasted Turkey Breast – Cajun Style.)
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes – including the juice
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning (I use Tony Chachere’s that I buy on Amazon.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 1 jalapeno – seeded and sliced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 Cups chicken broth (you can also use turkey broth)
- 3/4 Cup uncooked rice
- 1 lb. cleaned, deveined, tails removed, medium-sized shrimp
- Place carrots and potatoes in a microwave dish or pan and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- In a large oven and stove proof pot, add olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add onions and jalapeños and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add both cans of diced tomatoes and green chilis to the pot with the onions.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Add the Creole Seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes and carrots
- Add the Turkey breast (the Jennie-O turkey breast is already cooked).
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add uncooked rice and shrimp.
- Place the pot in the oven and cook for 50 minutes.