Southern Pimento Cheese
Southern Pimento Cheese is a classic cheese spread in the south and once was referred to as southern workers food in the Carolinas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3.5-4 cups 1x
- Category: Dips and Spreads
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: Southern
- 8 ounces of cream cheese – softened
- 20 ounces (2.5 cups) of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 4-ounce jar of diced pimentos – strained (save 1 teaspoon of the liquid)
- 1 teaspoon of the pimento juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper – diced (optional)
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add the spices, jalapeno, the pimentos, and pimento liquid.
- Mix on low until incorporated.
- Add the shredded cheddar.
- Mix until combined.
- Chill for 1-2 hours.
Serve with crackers or on bread as a sandwich spread