Eating health does not need to be difficult. In fact, it’s really pretty easy. This roasted broccoli has just a couple of ingredients that I bet you already have in your pantry.
Just look at that deep green color of roasted broccoli. I made this as a last minute side last weekend when my son and his girlfriend were coming for dinner. They eat pretty healthy and good news for us is that they love vegetables.
One of “do-ahead” hints for making this recipe if you have the time is to clean your broccoli ahead of time and lay it out on a towel to dry. Once it’s dry you can but the pieces into the sizes you like and lay them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. They will now be ready to drizzle with olive oil and spices and pop in the oven.
Simple Roasted Broccoli
- 1-2 heads of broccoli – cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Toss broccoli pieces with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Roast for 6-10 minutes or until they start to turn brown