Rustic Cherry Galette is a fancy and very easy cherry pie. I used a mixture of fresh cherries and canned cherry pie filling to make this free form pie.
- 1 Pilsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 can of cherry pie filling – can size 21 oz.
- 30 fresh cherries – pitted and cut in half
- 1 egg white – mixed
- 1 TBS turbinado sugar (or cane sugar)
- Preheat over to 450°
- Place 1/2 the cherry pie filling in a mixing bowl (I save the rest in the refrigerator for ice cream, or yogurt toppings).
- Pit and half the fresh cherries.
- Mix the canned and fresh cherries together.
- Spread one of the pie crust rounds on to a parchment or baking mat covered cookie sheet.
- Spread cherry filling in the middle of the pie crust and spread it out to about two inches of the pie crust.
- Gently fold in the two inches of crust all the way around the pie.
- Brush the pie crust with egg whites.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.