This Rustic Blueberry Galette is loaded with fresh blueberries, casually wrapped in a flaky pie crust that is covered with almond slices.
- 1–1/2 pints of fresh blueberries
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 almond slices
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 TBS turbinado sugar
- 1 refrigerator pie crust – 1 tube (substitution: homemade pie crust dough)
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Toss blueberries with cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice and zest.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on an upside-down cookie sheet.
- Place the pie dough on top of the parchment paper.
- Use a slotted spoon to spoon blueberries into the middle of the pie dough. (There may be some excess liquid in the blueberry bowl so just discard it.)
- Carefully fold the edges of the pie dough toward the filling working your way around it.
- Brush the pie dough with the egg wash.
- Place the almond slices onto the pie dough.
- Sprinkle pie dough with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the galette cool for 10 minutes; slide off the cookie sheet onto a decorative serving plate.
Build and bake your galette on an inverted, upside-down cookie sheet so you can easily slide it onto a pretty serving plate. If you don’t invert your cookie sheet, I promise you’re going to break the galette in 2 or 3 places while trying to get it over the cookie sheet lip. So do it the easy way and turn the cookie sheet upside-down.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American