Rotisserie Chicken and Bean Tostadas are an open-faced Mexican sandwich topped with beans, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole.
- 1–2 cups rotisserie chicken – shredded
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1/3 can refried bean (I used a 14.5-ounce can)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed and then sliced
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 6 TBS prepared salsa (I used the chunky style from the deli)
- 3 ounces of Cotija cheese – crumbled (Cotija is also called Mexican Crumbling Cheese)
- 1 lime – cut into wedges
- 6–8 teaspoons guacamole (I used store-bought for this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place corn tortillas on a cookie sheet and back for 16-17 minutes or until the edges brown and curl.
- Cool cooked tortillas at room temperature.
- Spread 1-2 TBS of refried beans on each tortilla.
- Top with a handful of shredded chicken.
- Top with shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Add salsa.
- Top with guacamole.
- Drizzle with the juice of one lime wedge.
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese.
- Garnish with jalapeños.
- Serve immediately, open-faced.