This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Roasted Sausage and Grapes are the perfect combinations of sweet and savory. Made with sweet Italian sausage, grapes, and pearl onions. This is a great low carb recipe.
If you’ve never had roasted grapes, you are really missing out on something special. Especially when they are roasted and then finished with balsamic vinegar. I’m pretty sure you are actually drooling at this point because I know I am (insert wink).
easy make-ahead recipe
This dish can be partially made ahead of time by pre-cooking the sausage. You can even cook the sausages a day or two ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator. It makes for an easy Sunday prep.
Making roasted sausage and grapes
I start out by melting butter and adding the herbs, the onions, and grapes. I cook them on the stove-top just until the grapes and onions are covered in melted butter.
Next, I add the sausages and put the skillet in the oven. The sausages brown in the oven while the grapes and onions release their sweet flavors while cooking.
When I’m ready to serve it, I top it all of with a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. This recipe is definitely worth a try.
krazy kitchen mom tips
- I used both green and red grapes for this recipe. However, I think the red grapes had a sweeter and more robust taste than the green grapes which kind of lost their flavor. You can certainly try both and choose for yourself.
- If you have a cast-iron skillet, I highly recommend using it for this recipe because it gets really hot and holds the heat. If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, you can use any skillet that is oven proof – meaning that it doesn’t have plastic handles.
- If your skillet does have plastic handles, you can still use it in the oven. Simply wrap the handle in two layers of aluminum foil.
If you like this low carb recipe, you might also like these:
- Cheeseburger Sliders
- Low Carb/Low-Calorie Tomato Soup
- Three Ingredient Cloud Bread
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
This is one of my favorite ways to make Italian sausage. It’s mixed with sweet roasted grapes and pearl onions with a tangy splash of balsamic. Serve it with cheesy grits and it’s a meal your family will ask for over and over.
- 1 package or 5 Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1 cup red and green grapes – removed from the vine
- 1/2 cup pearl onions (I use frozen pearl onions that are thawed)
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh thyme leaves and a couple of sprigs for garnish
- 5–7 fresh sage leaves
- 3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Boil a large pot of water and cook sausages for 15 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In a large stove-top oven-proof skillet (I use cast iron) add the butter and oil.
- Add the grapes, onions, and fresh herbs.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, just to coat grapes and onions with the butter-oil mixture.
- Nestle sausages in between the grapes.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Flip sausages over and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven.
- Remove sausages and set them aside on a plate.
- Place the skillet on the stove-top, add the balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs
- Category: Low Carb/Main Mail
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet meal, one-pan meal,