Roasted Sausage and Grapes are the perfect combinations of sweet and savory. Made with sweet Italian sausage, grapes, and pearl onions. This is a great low carb recipe for those watching their carb intake.
If you’ve never had roasted grapes, you are really missing out on something special. Especially when they are roasted and then finished with balsamic vinegar. I’m pretty sure you are actually drooling at this point because I know I am 🙂
This dish can be partially made ahead by pre-cooking the sausage ahead of time. You can even cook it a day or two ahead of time. I start out by melting butter and adding the herbs, the onions, and grapes. I cook them on the stove-top just until they grapes and onions are covered in melted butter.
The sausages brown in the oven while the grapes and onions release their sweet flavors while cooking. I top it all of with a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. This recipe is definitely with a try.
If you like this low carb recipe, you’ll also like:
Roasted Sausage and Grapes
Roasted Sausage and Grapes are the perfect combinations of sweet and savory. Made with sweet Italian sausage, grapes, and pearl onions.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 single servings 1x
- 1 package or 5 Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1 cup red and green grapes – removed from the vine
- 1/3 cup pearl onions (I use frozen pearl onions that are thawed)
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh thyme
- 5–7 fresh sage leaves
- 3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Boil a large pot of water and cook sausages for 15 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In a large stove-top oven-proof skillet (I use cast iron) add the butter and oil.
- Add the grapes, onions, herbs, and thyme.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, just to coat grapes and onions with the butter oil mixture.
- Nestle sausages in between the grapes.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Flip sausages over and cook for another 15-2minuteses.
- Remove skillet from the oven.
- Remove sausages and set aside.
- Place the skillet on the stove-top, add the balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sausage back to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes.