This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Rice Krispy Easter Egg Nests are a fun no-bake treat that everyone loves. Get the kids involved because they will love making and eating these.
I can hardly call this a recipe – so I’ll call it a fun recipe idea to make with the kids.
Let’s face it – everyone loves Rice Krispy treats. And I have to tell you I am one of those people. I have no self-control when it comes to these little goodies.
And then I filled the little nests with more candy which really pushed me further out of control.
How to shape rice Krispy Easter egg Nests
I made two sizes of the adorable little nests using a standard-sized cupcake/muffin tin and a small-sized cupcake/muffin tin.
The large cupcake tin was easy. I just formed the Rice Krispy treats into a ball and used my hand to shape them into nests. Then I placed them into the cupcake tin and ran my thumb around the middle to make sure they were snug in the pan.
For the small cupcake tin, I also form the treats into balls. But this time I used the back of a wooden spoon to press them into the tin making the “birds nest” shape.
I placed the tins into the refrigerator for 1 hour and then moved them to a cookie sheet to fill them with candies.
Fill them with jelly beans or small egg-shaped chocolate candies
Krazy Kitchen Mom Tips for getting kids involved
I don’t often give tips on how to involve the kids since mine are grown, but these are a fun recipe that even the youngest kids can enjoy making.
- Have the kids mix the marshmallows, butter, and cereal.
- The kids can make the balls and the nests.
- Younger kids can count the number of candies to go in each basket. They can also separate them by color.
looking for some easter brunch ideas?
- Fresh Mango Salsa
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Melon and Prosciutto Salad
- Bacon Pea Salad
Rice Krispy Easter Egg Nests
- 5 cups of Rice Krispy cereal
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 TBS butter
- Microwave the butter in a very large bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add the entire bag of marshmallows and microwave for 1 minute.
- Using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, mix the marshmallow and butter together until you cannot see any of the butter.
- Stir in the cereal 1 cup at a time.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll the cereal mixture into balls and press the balls into the tin so they are in the shape of a nest.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.