The simple flavors of black beans are enhanced with chorizo sausage and jalapeños in this restaurant style black beans with chorizo recipe.
- 1 39oz. can of black beans – drained and rinsed (rinse until the water runs clear on the beans)
- 3 Chorizo sausages – removed from casing
- 1 onion – diced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- cilantro for garnish
- In a stove top skilled, cook chorizo until it become crispy.
- Remove chorizo from the pan and it on a paper towel covered plate.
- Pour the hot oil from the chorizo pan into a large stove top pot.
- Add the onion and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add half of the black beans.
- Add all of the spices.
- Add the beef broth.
- Add the lime juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- With a potato masher, smash the black beans (you may need to add a bit more beef broth, depending on the thickness).
- Add the remainder of the beans and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced limes.