Red Sangria Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling are made from a boxed white cake mix but with the added ingredient of red sangria.
- 1 Box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1–1/4 cup red sangria
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 jar of raspberry preserves
- 2 sticks of butter – room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup red sangria
- Purple food coloring
- Pre-heat oven per box directions.
- Mix cake by following the directions substituting the red sangria for the water.
- Bake cupcakes and cool completely.
- Using the large end of a Wilton 1A decorating tip, cut out a circle of the cake without going through to the bottom; save the cut-out tops.
- Fill the cakes with small spoons of raspberry jam, insert lids of cake that were cut with the tip.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream recipe.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, mix butter until creamy.
- Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time until you’ve added 4 cups.
- Add the 1/4 red sangria and mix.
- Add the additional 2 cups of sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you’ve reached the proper frosting consistency.
- Add food coloring to desired purple color.