Today is National Whiskey Sour Day. Really, an entire day dedicated to Whiskey Sours.
I haven’t had one of these drinks for years. And if I remember back I probably didn’t have them with very good whiskey.
The only whiskey I really drink these days is Jameson; of course, because it’s Irish, but also because it’s smooth and enjoyable.
This is a classic cocktail; a little bit sour and a little bit sweet. I also started making these great large cocktail ice cubes. They really keep the drink cold and the ice barely melts. I bought my large cube tray from Amazon.
Join the crowd, raise your glass and say CHEERS!Print
- Yield: 2 drinks
- Category: Cocktail
- 3 jiggers of Jameson Whiskey
- Juice from one large lemon
- ½ jigger of simple syrup
- Place a large ice cube or several small ice cubes into a highball glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker ¾ with ice cubes; add Jameson, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Shake for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into highball glass.