Is there anything more romantic than watching the sun rise or set? Especially if you are sitting on a tropic island. This Pomegranate Sunrise Cocktail has all the colors and the fresh flavors of the islands. So close your eyes, take a long sip and enjoy the mini vacation.
Actually this is my version of the traditional Tequila Sunrise. All dressed up for the holidays – Pomegranate Sunrise Cocktail. It’s light, fruity and refreshing. Of course, since it’s called a “cocktail” I’ve added vodka. But you could easily make a “mocktail” version for the under 21 crowd or those who don’t wish to drink vodka.
I use fresh pomegranate juice which is a little hard to come by with just one pomegranate. So if you are going to make more than two drinks you’d better have a few more pomegranates on hand or even some pomegranate juice.
Since I live in Florida I can get fresh orange juice at my local market so I always use it, but you can certainly use fresh squeezed from your kitchen. Sit back and enjoy a refreshing Pomegranate Sunrise Cocktail.Print
Pomegranate Sunrise Cocktail
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: 2 drinks 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Juice from 1 pomegranate
- 20 pomegranate seeds
- 2 shots citrus flavored vodka
- 1–2 cups of orange juice
- 2 slices of fresh orange
- Fill 2 highball glasses 1/2 full with ice.
- Add 1 shot of vodka to each glass.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup of orange juice to glass.
- Slowly pour the pomegranate juice on one side of the glass; getting as close to the side as possible.
- Add a slice of orange and pomegranate seeds to each glass.