Craving a saucy cheesy pizza? Look no further, you can have your pizza without delivery with Pizza Sliders. Great for summertime cookouts. Check out the video.
While everything is getting bigger, I’m going for smaller with Pizza Sliders. I bet you didn’t know that there’s a lot of debate out there on whether a slider is nothing more than a mini hamburger or if it has to fit the 2-ounce rule to even be called a slider. I gonna throw caution to the wind and go out on a limb and call this mini hamburger a slider. I’m using the word “slider” like a lot of establishments that serve a mini hamburger as a slider. And just to mix things up a bit more, I am foregoing the traditional burger toppings and making Pizza Sliders with a few easy ingredients:
- Pizza Sauce – my homemade sauce recipe is the bomb!
- Mini pepperoni
- A big pile of cheese
- Garlic bread buns
- Italian seasoning beef mixture
Watch the video:
If you like this recipe, you’ll also like:
Mini little hamburgers that taste like a slice of pizza
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 mini burgers
- Category: Sandwiches and Burgers
- Method: Grill or broil
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb. ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 1 TBS dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 24 pieces of small pepperoni (you can also use large slices)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup prepared Pizza Sauce
- 8 slider buns
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (for garlic butter)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix ground beef with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Divide into 8 equal sections and make 8 small patties.
- Grill or broil slider patties.
- Heat butter and garlic powder in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Brush tops and bottoms of buns with garlic butter and broil until they turn golden brown.
- Build the slider – add pizza sauce, burger, pepperoni, and cheese.