My Pink Grapefruit Margarita is the perfect way to use fresh citrus. I use both fresh grapefruit juice and fresh lime juice.
- 4–1/2 ounces (3 shots) of white (blanco) tequila
- 3 ounces cointreau (substitution: triple sec)
- 6–8 ounces of fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 TBS salt for salted rim
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1–2 slices of lime for garnish
- 1–2 slices of grapefruit for garnish
- Fill three highball glasses with ice.
- Add 1 shot of tequila to each glass.
- Add 1 ounce (3/4 shot) cointreau to each glass.
- Top each glass with grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with lime and grapefruit slices.
For the Salted Lime Rimmed Glass
- Place 2 TBS of fine salt on a small plate or in a dish.
- Zest a whole lime on to the salt.
- Use a fork to muddle together the salt and zest so the lime zest oil infuses the salt.
- Rub a slice of lime around the top rim of the glass.
- Dip the glass into the salt. You might have to roll it around to ensure you are getting all sides of the glass.
- Category: Drinks and Cocktails
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Tex Mex