The reason I call these Perfect Sloppy Joe’s is because that’s what my son said when I gave him a spoonful as my taste tester.
Sometime there’s nothing better than a homemade Sloppy Joe and a pile of crunchy potato chips; especially today.
- 1–1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 4 TBS brown sugar
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Place olive oil and onions in a stove top skillet.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes and reduce to medium; cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown meat.
- Pour off any excess oil.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire and salt and pepper.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Heat on high until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.