Pear and Goat Cheese Salad is delicious all year round. But it’s especially delicious during the holiday season when fresh pears are at their peak.
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 1/2 bag of spring mix lettuce or butter lettuce mix
- 2 TBS soft honey goat cheese
- 2 TBS golden (yellow) raisins
- 10–12 sugar cranberries
- 3 TBS pine nuts
For the dressing:
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 6–8 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar (I like it extra tangy. If you don’t, then cut back on the vinegar. Start with 3 TBS and add as needed until you like the taste.)
- 1–1/2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 individual-sized packed Truvia sweetener or 1 TBS sugar
- Place pine nuts in a small skillet and cook them on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently (you don’t want them to burn; you just want them to release their oils and start to brown slightly.)
- Remove pine nuts from stove top and place on a plate to cool.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the pears thin.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter
- Add pears.
- Sprinkle with nuts, cheese, raisins, and cranberries (or whatever dried fruits and fruits you desire).
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small jar with a lid and shake until combined.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Holiday