Two peanut butter cookies sandwiched together with grape jelly make the best Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies.
- 1 cup of extra crunchy peanut butter (substitution: creamy peanut butter)
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of salted butter – room temperature (substitution: unsalted butter)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 TBS turbinado or raw sugar for dusting cookie before baking (substitution: white sugar)
- 1 small jar of jelly
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, add peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low speed.
- Once all of the flour is added, mix again until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough, break the scooped ball into two smaller balls and place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, use a teaspoon. You want these cookies to be smaller than a usual homemade cookie.
- Using a small salad fork, make a hashtag pattern in each cookie make sure they are all consistent in size when you press down.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, spoon 1-2 teaspoons of jelly onto the back side of one cookie and then press another cookie on the jelly side to make a sandwich.
- Serve right away or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.