You will be amazed at my Peanut Butter and Jelly Burger. It’s nutty and salty from the peanut butter and a little spicey from the hot pepper jelly.
- 1.5 – 1.75 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- 1 TBS Worchestshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 stick (4 TBS) very cold butter – cut into small pieces
- 6 TBS creamy peanut butter
- 6 TBS red pepper jelly
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 4 TBS onion crisps or straws (store-bought)
- 1 hamburger buns
To make the burgers:
- Heat BBQ grill or stove-top grill to medium-high.
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Make four equal-sized patties.
- Drop small pieces of the butter equally on each burger and push it in slightly.
- Place patties on the grill butter side up.
- Grill both sides to your desired temperature.
- When burgers are almost done, place 1 slice of cheese on each burger and continue to cook until the cheese begins to melt.
- While burgers are cooking, brown the hamburger buns by splitting them in half and placing them face down on the grill for a few minutes.
- Spread TBS of peanut butter on to the bottom halves of the buns.
- Place 1 burger patty on the peanut buttered bun.
- Place a second patty on top of the first.
- Spread the top buns with TBS each of the hot pepper jelly.
- Place two TBS of onion crisps or straws on the top cheeseburger and place the top bun with the pepper jelly on top.
- The burger is now complete.
- Category: Sandwich/Burger
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #burgermonth #burgermonth2016 #girlcarnivor