Pan Roasted Chicken with Gnocchi is covered in a light wine butter sauce. A little fresh spinach is added at the end for a full meal in one pan.
- 2–4 chicken breasts
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS Herbs de Provance
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBS of fresh rosemary – chopped (optional)
- 1 TBS of fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 12-ounce package gnocchi – cooked per the package instructions
- 1/2 bag (1 cup) of frozen peas – thawed
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Fresh parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a large skillet
- Season the chicken breast with Herbs de Provance and salt and pepper.
- Cook each chicken breast for 5 minutes on medium high heat for five minutes. The chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest on a plate.
- Add the flour and butter to the pan and stir together until butter is melted.
- Add the wine and stir to make a roux.
- Add the chicken stock and turn the heat to low, stirring so the sauce thickens. Add additional chicken broth if the sauce is too thick or if you want more sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Add the peas.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook just until it wilts.
- Add gnocchi at the end and just coat it with the sauce.
- Add the fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American