Orange and Whipped Ricotta Breakfast Toast
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon of the zest from the navel orange for garnish
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (don’t skimp on ricotta, buy a good brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons honey (two for the whipped ricotta mixture and two for the drizzle)
- 2 slices of ciabatta bread
- In a small bowl, add ricotta, honey and vanilla; whip with a whisk until it’s fluffy.
- Toast ciabatta bread.
- Spread a layer of the whipped ricotta on each slice of toast and top it with sliced oranges.
- Add a dollop of whipped ricotta to the top of the center orange and top with the orange zest.
- Drizzle honey over the top of the entire piece of toast.