This is an easy week-night dinner that uses only one pan. You start it on the stovetop and finish it in the oven.
- Four chicken thighs – bone-in/skin-on
- 1/2 medium sized onion – sliced
- 1–2 TBS Greek Seasoning (I use Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 TBS plain Greek yogurt
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (pitted and sliced in half)
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof skillet.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; and sprinkle liberally with the Greek Seasoning.
- Place the chicken, skin side down in the heated oil and cook for 4 minutes on each side until the skin is browned a crispy.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir.
- A the yogurt and whisk until the sauce is creamy.
- Heat the sauce to a boil, turn it to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and stir in olives and orzo.
- Return the skillet to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
If you don’t have an oven proof skillet (meaning it has a plastic handle), simply wrap the handle in foil and it will not melt.