This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
One Ingredient Gouda Cheese Puffs are the easiest snack you’ll ever make. They are the perfect snack for low carb and keto-friendly diets.
You read that right just ONE INGREDIENT in my One Ingredient Gouda Cheese Puffs recipe. You guessed it – Gouda cheese. That’s it! That’s all! Just one ingredient. Although there is just one ingredient, these puffy little cheese snacks take a little bit of pre-planning on your part because you have to start the recipe 24-48 hours before you plan to cook and eat them. But it’s REALLY EASY!
What Does Gouda Cheese Taste Like?
Gouda cheese is a cow’s milk cheese that is mild and has a pale yellow color. I find it creamy, nutty and a little bit salty, which I really like. It’s usually covered in red wax which needs to be removed before eating. You can get smoked gouda but I prefer it non-smoked as I’m not fond of smoked cheeses.
How to make Gouda cheese puffs
All you do is cut a block of cheese into small squares, place them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet, cover them with a paper towel and let them sit for a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 48 hours. Truthfully, I never wait more than 24 hours because I’m always too excited to cook them and eat them.
When you place them in the oven, gather your friends and family because they are going to want to watch the show. You won’t believe your eyes or your ears when these babies start to cook. The literally puff up and start popping like popcorn. It’s TRUE, they pop just like popcorn. It’s like magic! Well, it’s really more like science but I like to think they are magical (insert wink).
krazy kitchen mom tips
- Cut the gouda cheese very small and try to keep the pieces all the same size. That way they will puff and cooks more consistently.
- Don’t crowd the pan while you are cooking these, make sure they are not touching each other by leaving a little space between them.
- Let the cheese puffs cool on a paper towel to absorb any extra oils that are released from the cheese while cooking.
- Once they are cool, enjoy them as a snack or a garnish for soups and salads.
You might also like these snacks:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Tater Tot Kabobs
- Cheddar Cheese Shortbread Crackers
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed Medjool Dates
One Ingredient Gouda Cheese Puffs
- 1 block of gouda cheese
- Cut the cheese into small squares.
- Place them side-by-side, but not touching on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Cover them lightly with a paper towel or a paper napkin.
- Set them aside for 24-48 hours.
- After the 24-48 hours, preheat the oven to 370°
- Remove the paper towel or paper napkin.
- Place them in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.