This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Easy No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream has only 5 ingredients. Prep time is under 5 minutes and then it goes into the freezer for 4 hours.
Do you know that famous brand of ice cream filled with chocolate chunks and big bites of cherries? Well, I literally crave it! I seriously can’t get enough of it. Now I can have that same flavor in the most creamy and smooth no-churn ice cream at home any time. And it gets even better because there are only 5 ingredients…including the chocolate and the cherries.
All you need to make homemade ice cream is five ingredients, ten minutes to mix everything together and four hours to freeze it. And the only appliance you will use is a hand-mixer. So easy anyone can make it.
- Heavy cream
- Condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh cherries
how to make no-churn chocolate cherry ice cream
- Start by pitting and chopping fresh cherries. To pit the cherries, I simply smash each one with the side of my chef’s knife so it splits open. I remove the seed and they are ready to chop.
- Using the same chef’s knife, chop a chocolate bar into chunks. Exact knife cuts are not needed for this recipe. It’s fine to have different sized pieces of cherries and chocolate.
- The next step is to mix the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This may take several minutes so be patient.
- Once the cream is mixed to a whipped cream consistency, add a can of sweetened condensed milk and mix again just to incorporate the two ingredients.
- Finally, add the chocolate and cherries and the ice cream mix is ready for the freezer.
krazy kitchen mom tip
- If you use a wooden board to chop the cherries, your board will be stained with cherry juice. Not to worry – I have a full-proof method for cleaning the board that removes all of the cherry juice stains.
- Dry the board completely.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda on to the stained area.
- Dip a scrubbing sponge or a brush into very hot water.
- Scrub the stained area.
other ice cream flavors
Using this one simple base of heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla, you can make an endless number of different flavors. Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Caramel – whisk in 1/3 cup of caramel sauce
- Birthday Cake – add 1/3 cup of sprinkles
- Candy Bar – cut up your favorite candy bars and add them to the mix – Butterfinger, Snickers, Kit-Kat…you get it!
- Cereal and Milk – add 1-1/2 cup of fruit loop or fruity pebbles cereal.
- Mint Chip – add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, green food coloring and 1 cup of chopped chocolate-mint candies
- Lemon – 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice and the zest from one lemon
- Chocolate Chip – add 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Rockie Road – add 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup mini marshmallows, and 1/2 chopped nuts
No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20-25 fresh cherries
- 1- 2.6 ounce chocholate candy bar
- Remove the pits from the cherries.
- Chop the cherries into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the chocolate bar into bite-sized pieces.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This will take several minutes.
- Add the entire can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix again for 20-30 seconds. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in cherries and chocolate.
- Place in a 9x12 loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. I let mine sit over night.
Leave a Reply