This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last weekend we had an engagement party for our son and his fiancé and of course, I made all of the food. These No Bake Lemon Glazed Petit Fours were the perfect dessert for the event.
I’ve never made Petit Fours before so it was the perfect occasion to test my talents. I can can’t keep the secret about these No Bake Lemon Glazed Petit Fours because you don’t need any special talents to make them and they are “no bake”. Yup, that what I said “no bake”.
I used a frozen pound cake for the actual cake and the lemon glaze is simply confectioners sugar and fresh lemon juice. I find that they are best with two layers of the glaze. Now you can make petit fours.
They were a big hit at the party and were gone as soon as I put them out. Not to worry, I did save myself a couple to enjoy later that evening.
No Bake Lemon Glazed Petit Fours
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 frozen pound cake
- Juice from 6 whole lemons
- 4 – 5 cups confectioners sugar
- Yellow food coloring
To cut the pound cake:
- The cake should be semi frozen when you cut it.
- Slice off a thin layer of the brown edges (crust) on the top, bottom and sides of the cake.
- Slice the cake horizontally through the middle (so it’s butterflied).
- Slice each of the sides into three long pieces.
- Slice the each long side into even bite-sized pieces.
For the glaze:
- In a very large bowl (large because you are going to need the space for pouring the glaze) sift the confectioners sugar.
- Add the juice of one lemon at a time and stir.
- Keep adding lemon juice until the glaze is thin enough to pour over cake pieces but thick enough to make it obaque.
- Add yellow food coloring until you get the color you want.
- One at a time, place a piece of cake onto a small fork over the glaze bowl; then with a spoon, liberally drizzle with the glaze, making sure that you are covering the top and three sides. (Pay attention to the corners too.)
- Slide the glazed piece onto a cookie sheet covered with a baking rack so the extra glaze can drip into the ban.
- Repeat until all of the petit fours are glazed.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute (or longer).
- Repeat the glazing for a second coat.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
It’s important to get the glaze to a thick, but still a pourable consistency so you need to completely stir after adding the juice from each lemon. You may not need all of the lemons so do this one at a time. If you have lemons that don’t give a lot of juice, you may use more than is called for in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
[…] you love these Blondies, you will also love No Bake Lemon Glazed Petit Fours, Pink Champagne Cupcakes and Easy Strawberry […]
[…] you like this recipe, you will also like No Bake Lemon Glazed Petit Fours and Two Ingredient Chocolate […]