New Year’s Cake Ideas – Using one boxed cakes mix, you can make three different New Year’s mini cakes and desserts.
For the cake:
- 1 white cake box mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1–1/4 cup of water
For the buttercream
- 4– ounces of cream cheese – at room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup butter) at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–1/2 cups confecitoners sugar
For the filling:
- 1/2 jar raspberry jam (you can use any flavor jam you’d like)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
For the truffle coating:
- 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips
For the decorations:
- Sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 candy canes – crushed
- Chocolate swirls – I bought these at the craft store in the cake decorating section.
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix according to box instructions.
- Pour batter into a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes – what it carefully as all ovens are different.
- Cool cake before cutting.
For the mini layered cakes:
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut 18 circles out of the sheetpan cake.
- Place 1 layer of cake onto a plate.
- Pipe a ring of buttercream on the top outter edge of the cake to build a barrier to hold the jam.
- Spoon 1-2 TBS of jam in the middle of the butter cream.
- Add a pinch of coconut on top of the jam.
- Add the next layer of cake and repeat steps 3-5.
- Add another lay of cake (this will be the top layer).
- Using a mini offset statula or butter knife smooth the edges of the entire cake spreading around any leaking buttercream.
- Pipe small flowers around the top edge of the top layer of cake and then sprinkle it with coconut.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
For the mini parfaits:
- Use a very small buscuit cutter or a knife to cut small circles of cake.
- Place one piece of cake in each parfait glass.
- Top with a circle of buttercream around the outter edge of the cake piece.
- Top with jam and coconut.
- Repeat until the parfait glass is full.
- Pipe 1 flower on the top piece of cake.
- Decorate with coconut and sprinkles.
For the cake balls:
- Take the remaining piece of cake and crumble them in a bowl.
- Add the remaining buttercream and combine it together with your hands.
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Place them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate.
- Sprinkel with candy cane and chocolate swirls.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: NYE celebration, NYE cakes, mini cakes, mini desserts