Mom’s Signature Snickerdoodle Recipe is timeless. The cookies are light and fluffy on the inside with just a little bit of crispiness on the outside.
For the cookie dough:
- 1 cup of butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon sugar dusting
- 4 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix the 4 TBS sugar and 2 TBS ground cinnamon and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Sift together – flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix butter, sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts (that’s what Mom wrote on her recipe).
- Roll cookie balls in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes.